Stock!

Sunday, August 9, 2009

I will be making a small batch of chicken stock today. I've got leftover chicken bones from our dinner the other night and I saved the giblets too (heart, liver, gizzard, no neck unfortunately). There is a wonderful tutorial on stock-making at http://www.goonswithspoons.com/Chicken_Stock. Trev has also requested a batch of banana bread, so I guess I'd better get on that. It's oppressively hot in Wisconsin today, up to 90 degrees and humid. Windy too, otherwise I'd go take some pictures of the garden to upload. When it calms down I'll try and get some. In other news, I had a job interview the other day. If I get it I'll be making over $10 per hour. The hours are random and that will suck, but I'll at least be able to start putting back money again. Oh yeah, it rained really hard yesterday morning so we had to put off the fair until Wednesday :(

Recommended reading today is the 1969 edition of Betty Crocker's Cookbook. I bought one off Amazon for my dad and have been looking through it, and there are so many good recipes in there it's not even funny. If you come across one, I'd suggest trying to get ahold of it. Right now they cost anywhere between $45 and $100 on Amazon.

Alright, I need to get my stock going and I'm gonna have to do some cleaning today, too. I hate to turn on the oven, but Trev wants his bread so I suppose he's going to get that as well. Toodles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Diary of a Suzy Homemaker. Design by Pocket