I am late to the blog party.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

But that's okay. I'm late to most things that get wildly popular because I want nothing to do with them while everyone's in the "Not going to shut up about this really cool thing" phase. Then I discover that, for example, the Harry Potter books were actually a pretty good read and a blog might just be a good way to document my little container garden out on my porch and the other Suzy Homemaker-type things I like to do.

I've been thinking about making one of these for a while, at first because I just wanted somewhere to post some pictures and keep track of how my plants are growing, and my learning process as I get better at the hobbies I've taken up. I could have used LiveJournal for that, since I already have one. But, if I'm going to be learning these things I think it'd be nice if other people could read this and learn them too. After all, baking a loaf of bread for the first time is one thing if you're just reading a recipe but another thing entirely if you're looking at a step-by-step guide complete with pictures (by the way, I recommend goonswithspoons.com for this as well.)

If anything I post helps, entertains, or brightens the day of even one person out there then I am happy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Diary of a Suzy Homemaker. Design by Pocket